I need to order my uniforms before the 29th. And for one zip top, one pair of long pants, and a jacket, it will be about $150. Real convenient with Christmas right here. (note sarcasm) I called to make sure I didn't have to buy them riiight now, but I do. It says order before 12/29/08 if your clinicals start 02/09/09. 01/19/09 for 03/03/09, and some more dates. I thought I would be fine ordering before 1/19 because class doesn't start until 2/17, we couldn't possibly start clinicals before March, but nursing department says order now, not right now, but yesterday type now.
I have scheduled my physical and all my shots, titers, and tests for Monday. I've heard the tetanus shot sucks. I was sore for 2 days from a Hep B shot. I only just started my hep B series 12/18/08, I hope this doesn't exclude me from the program!
I need to mail off my class petition form to substitute English 1b with humanities 200 from a different school. I hope they approve it. I don't look forward to a literature class wasting my time, when I've had a similar class already.
I'm working on dosage calculations and medical terminology independently. We need the knowledge and not necessarily the units. I purchased the book that the class was using to self-teach for dosage calc: Dosage Calculations 7th Edition by Gloria D Pickar, isbn 9780766862869 or 0766862860. And I purchased a book online for med term but haven't received it yet: Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-Teaching Guide, 4th edition by Shirley Soltesz Steiner isbn 9780471233596 or 0471233595. I haven't received the med term book yet. I should be doing a chapter now instead of blogging. :-X Oops.
I start my first class 01/12/09, Nurs 151, Human Development and Health. We technically start winter session because I don't think that class is even offered in spring 09. It's 2 days a week, for 4 weeks; 3 hours 20 minutes per session. I should order my book for that class now. I'll definitely let you know how that first day works out!
I find that like to rent my books, I use chegg.com, if you're interested. They can get just about any book you need, I find it to be most helpful for classes that are using a very recent edition of a book when you can't find it for a reasonable price anywhere else.
Adventures in Pre-Nursing
Saturday, December 20, 2008
december twenty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment