Adventures in Pre-Nursing

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm in!

I was recently accepted into the associate level RN nursing program at el camino community college- compton center in Compton, Ca starting Spring 2009. I received my letter in the mail Saturday, December 13, 2008. I had reason to believe that I was accepted before I officially got the letter. I tried to enroll in the winter session nursing class, the Thursday before I received my letter, and it let me add it to my schedule. That was a big heads up. And also the nursing program called me and asked which address to send my letter to. But they shouldn't have. We had to self address and postage the envelopes they were sending our responses in, so there shouldn't have been a reason for them to call me even though I have 2 addresses on file. I thought they would send supplemental information in another envelope because of the call, but so far, no only an ACCEPTANCE LETTER!

So with the acceptance letter, they sent a letter with some information about a mandatory meeting in January; A uniform order form (and those things are expensive!); and a sheet to get filled out for my physical where I need a tetanus booster, TB test, and titers for HepB, measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella.It also contained a copy of my TEAS results (85.9% and 88th percentile nationally and for my program). It suggested I take a dosage calculations class, but I just purchased a book with CD, that should be self-teaching, so i will learn it that way. I also should have took a medical terminology class, but again, i'll buy a self-teaching book and all should be good.

I'm nervous, I'm excited, I should kick back and relax while I can because come January, I will be in the program, and I plan to work my butt off like never before. I'm going to try to be the absolute best me that i could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment